Thursday 12 May 2011

beyonce reveals the title of her new album.


Beyoncé‘s new album finally has a name.
The Grammy-winning pop superstar will call her fourth studio album 4.
She revealed the very appropriate title in interview with Billboard magazine, which she covers in one sultry, diva-esque shot. She says the title means more than just the number of albums she’s made as a solo star.
“We all have special numbers in our lives, and 4 is that for me,” Bey said. “It’s the day I was born. My mother’s birthday, and a lot of my friends’ birthdays, are on the fourth; April 4 is my wedding date.”
As for the sound on 4, the 2011 Billboard Millennium Award recipient says it’s “broad.”
“[I found] a lot of inspiration in ’90s R&B, Earth, Wind & Fire, DeBarge, Lionel Richie, Teena Marie… I listened to a lot of Jackson 5 and New Edition, but also Adele, Florence + the Machine, and Prince….I also gave myself more freedom to really belt out some songs, and bring soul singing back: I used a lot of the brassiness and grittiness in my voice that people hear in my live performances, but not necessarily on my records.”
4 is led by the girl power anthem “Run The World (Girls).”






No comments:

Post a Comment