Sunday 19 June 2011

Naya Rivera and her first album.


Naya Rivera has said that she expects to begin work on her solo album next month once the current 'Glee Live!' tour comes to an end.

Earlier this month the Glee star signed a deal with Columbia Records, and Rivera said that she couldn't be more excited about beginning work on her debut.

"I won't have anything I'm working on until after the tour is over," Rivera told EW. "So July 4th when I get back home in LA is when I'll hunker down and spend that whole month hammering out the details and the creative process of that."

While Rivera has yet to reveal what style of music she will record, the actress claimed she has already penned a large number of songs to choose from.

"I know what I sound good on and I know what I like to write," she explained. "I've been writing for years so I have a catalogue of songs that I've written over the years and it's just a matter of getting with the right producers [...] to develop the sound that is me."

Rivera also suggested that she may ask some of her fellow Glee stars to contribute to the album in some way.

The recently concluded second season of Glee saw Rivera's character Santana Lopez receive increased screen time after she began to have issues with her sexuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment